John Muir Trust, Scotland
John Muir Trust
Phone: 01796 470080
Fax: 01796 473514
The John Muir Trust has agreed to the placement of geocaches on any of its estates in Scotland, including SSSIs, subject to the following requirements;
1. Caches must not be placed closer than one mile to another cache on JMT land
2. All caches must be in clear-sided containers, and clearly labelled as a geocache
3. Caches must be placed sensitively having regard to the aims of objectives of the John Muir Trust (see their website), and in particular with regard to the need to protect and preserve the wild environment of the Trusts land holdings
4. Caches should be placed only by geocachers who are in a position to maintain them properly, i.e. by a local presence
5. The precise location and description of caches on JMT land must be provided to Mike Daniels, Head of Land and Science (Mike.Daniels@jmt.org), who has the right to ask for a cache to be moved or removed. This can be done following publication, as a matter of courtesy.
NOTE: The land covered (currently 60,000 acres) is identifiable via the JMT website or using the map overlay (.kml) which can be downloaded here.
The map overlays can be downloaded and opened in Google Earth which is a free download for a PC and also as apps for Apple and Android. (N.B. These maps do not form part of any legal representation of land ownership and are created simply as a guide to areas for the purposes of placing a geocache container or marking an area where these are not permitted).
Do you have any feedback about this agreement? Click here to submit feedback to the committee.