Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geocaching Apps for Android OS

Tournaments Won: 1

I also log finds offline - ir I log them in Neongeo and then put better words together fo a fuller log when at home (using GSAK publish logs functionanilty).

C:geo is OK but people should understand that it breaks the Groundspeak Terms of Use policy and that is why it will pretty much break everytime there is a website update.

I have taken the sage advice of Dr Dick and downloaded all the caching apps I can find(the only paid one being the GS app) Some work better than others in different locations, so I have a choice if the GS doesn't work may be the Beagle will etc., Download them all and try Most are free!!
    Si vis pacem para bellum

I'm using CacheSense and it has more functionality than you can wave a stick thingy at. I used to go for c:geo and the GeoCaching.com app, but after beta testing CacheSense for a month I bought it and have stuck to that since.

I use Locus Pro for OS and OpenStreet Hiking maps and Glympse to let the family know where I am from time to time when away on a longer walk.

Oh, and I then turn them all off between caches or the battery will be flat half way round.
    A cache a day ..

Quote Originally Posted by esim View Post
    Oh, and I then turn them all off between caches or the battery will be flat half way round.
    Look on ebay for spare batteries - should be able to get 2 + a wall charger for under 15, sent from China. That solves any power woes

I am a very new cacher and am using c:geo on my android with no problems at all. I only use c:geo to back up my GPSr and it saves writing everything down before a trip out.
    I have recently got rid of a Windows phone (honestly, don't buy one they are rubbish) and used both gc.com's app and c:geo on the windows phone. I found that c:geo to be much better. Also does anyone know why GC.com's app is free on Windows but nearly 7 on android?

I believe that the windows app is not as comprehensive as the official geocaching app on Android and iPhone. I find that there is little difference between c:geo and the official app, certainly not worth paying out twice.
    Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.

I use GC Buddy regularly for multi caches. It's rather handy top calculate the coordinates in the fields. It's available for both iOS and Android.